What to do when you have a bunch of vegetables that need to go? As long as you won’t get too watery of a mess, there’s always casserole. I had broccoli, carrots, frozen cheddar cheese, and cream of mushroom soup I needed to use. So…. I ended up going with a modified version of Campbell’s Broccoli Cheese Casserole.
- 1 can (10 1/2 ounces) Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 large eggs
- 1 whole clove of broccoli, chopped into small pieces (I don’t know what the right term is.. when you go to the grocery store, you can buy broccoli in giant pieces with the giant stalks. I cut those giant pieces up)
- Cut carrots (I used half a zipbloc sandwich bag which I had stored carrots in and cut the carrots in half before mixing them in)
- A bunch of shredded Cheddar cheese to your liking (I just went with whenever it looked like there was enough yellow in the mixture)
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1-2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Heat the oven to 350°F.
- Stir the soup, water, eggs, broccoli, carrot, cheese, and water else you want to mix in. My dish was about 10 inch by 7 inch by 2 inch(height), buuut I’m not sure if I measured right because it was definitely looked at least one quart.
- Stir the bread crumbs and butter in a small bowl. Sprinkle the crumb mixture over the broccoli mixture. Don’t accidentally try to mix it like I did… and end up with the crumbs on one side.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the broccoli is tender or when the casserole doesn’t look completely like liquid. I did leave my casserole in the oven after turning off the oven because it still seemed a little runny. So, you may need to adjust the timing by checking visually.